What is the Best Shaving Soap of 2017?
Best Shaving Soap Reviews
A traditional wet shave demands spending the money on a quality shaving soap, otherwise you may soon find that the extra time and energy wet shaving takes may not be worth it. So in essence, investing in a high quality shaving soap usually means the difference between a good and a great shave. To better guide you the concept, we will not only review some of the best shaving soap but also discuss how to apply shaving soap.
How to apply Shaving Soap?
The classic shave soap is lathered up with a shaving brush in a bowl. To form a good lather, follow these steps:
- Wet your brush with running hot water. Choose badger hair brush, unlike synthetic fiber brush this is naturally soft and retains water like a sponge.
- Ensure the brush bristles have soaked up the hot water. It is important to retain the moisture in the brush so that it softens your beard hairs and open pores.
- Using circular motions, lather up the soap directly in the container. The bubbles will appear large at first, but as you keep going, they will eventually become smaller. After 25 seconds or so, you should have attained a thick, warm lather.
- Massage the warm lather with the soaped brush throughly across your face in circular motions. This will form the lather‘s density and soften your whiskers. Eventually allowing the razor to sit close to the base of the hair follicle.
- Adding a little more hot water will usually provide re-lathering for next passes, if needed, without using more soap.
- Empty surplus water from the soap container and keep it open so it can air-dry.
These hot process shave soaps produce a puck that can be lathered in the accompanying tub easily.
- Product offers a classic and timeless scent that is implicative of the classic Italian barbershop. It includes notes of bergamot, patchouli, lemon, oakmoss, lavender, and rosemary
- Formula is easy to lather. Just take the right amount of cushion and you’ll be whipping up fullness of lather in absolutely no time!
- Made in the USA. Each pile of fragrance is hand mixed and individually tested to assure top quality
- You can add a small amount of hot water to the soap a few minutes before use, it will maximize the amount of scent
- Barrister and Mann Tallow Based soaps need just a drop or two more water than other soaps
- Ingredients includes tallow, glycerin, lanolin, coconut milk, shea butter, and more. Contains all the ingredients you need for a moisturizing shave.
- When you want a “go-to” fragrance, this is it. This has classic barbershop aroma, with B&M combines bergamot, lemon, patchouli, oakmoss, lavender and rosemary
- With some extra water, it whips up to form a rich, dense, protective lather to provide you the perfect shave
- Barrister & Mann soaps provides an excellent shave surface, comfortable shave, no itching or irritation. The best thing is, it doesn’t leave face feeling dry.
This luxury shave soap provides you the relaxing shave you deserve.
- Van Der Hagen Shaving Soap is hypo-Allergenic
- Ingredients contains over 10% Glycerin
- Product softens beard for improved razor glide
- Formula leaves your skin soft and smooth
- This shaving soap is vegetable based and have not been tested on animals
- Product comes in a standard cardboard box, within the plastic enclosure it is individually packed. The plastic enclosure also is resealable which makes it a great soap for traveling
- The scent of the soap is a bit of citrus, extremely clean, and refreshing. The scent is so subtle that it likely will not linger with you for the remainder of the day
- The shaving brush load rather quickly contrary to the other popular budget glycerin soaps. You can expect to have your brush fully loaded in less than a minute after proper stirring
- This shaving soap is a glycerin based one with an incredible price tag.
Col. Conk Glycerin Bay Rum Shave Soap works wonderfully with a shaving brush just like the good old days
- This special large edition of Colonel Conk’s famous soap is made in the USA
- It provides a thick and rich lather with a bay rum fragrance
- Absolutely ideal to use with a shaving brush
- Scent is fresh with a tropical aroma of bay leaves and Jamaican rum
- It is available in 3-3/4 oz super bar size of glycerin soap, total measures 3″ in diameter
- The formula of this shave soap is beginner’s friendly with a low investment cost.
- It can be used safely with all popular shaving blades including double edge safety razor, cartridge, and straight edge razors
- This shaving soap is available in four distinct scents which are amber, bay rum, lime, almond
- The Bay Rum in the product smells like an old fashioned barbershop and is not over powering. So if you wish to couple this shaving soap with a cologne you would be safe.
It is an excellent semi-solid shaving soap, its texture is more like a very thick paste than a solid soap. It comes in a useful green container with cover.
- Proraso Shaving Soap, Refreshing and Toning, gives a rich, creamy lather to fortify skin for a close shave without nicks and cuts.
- Eucalyptus in the product purifies the skin while menthol procure a refreshing, cooling sensation.
- Ingredients contains nourishing botanical extracts and natural oils which protect the skin before, during and after shaving for an irritation-free experience.
- Shaving soap is made with a special “hot soap” process, it is then left to mature in small batches for 10 days.
- It is a natural-based formulations without mineral oils or artificial colors.
- Proraso Shave Soap, Sensitive will shield the skin while you are shaving, as well as after, so that your face will be really soft, smooth and soothed.
- Creamy, rich lather of this shaving soap softens even the thickest beard with a refreshing eucalyptus and menthol scent.
- This one does actually come packaged within its own bowl which is a great thing. Therefore you would not need a separate scuttle for a shaving soap.
- After you make the right mixture, the lather of this shaving cream will deliver an incredibly comfortable shave.
Shaving should be an experience and not a chore. Better Upgrade your shave today and buy with confidence with our no hassle money back guarantee
- This is a tallow based shaving soap which creates a protective lather and lubricates any kind of razor for a smooth and irritation free shave.
- It contains 4 full ounces of shaving soap in 8 ounce container.
- Product is hand made and hand poured in the U.S. Process is done in small batches for the best quality.
- All ingredients are natural and free of synthetic preservatives. Works great for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- Formula reduces friction which helps to decrease the chance for razor bumps or rashes while shaving.
- It contains old fashioned barbershop scent that is clean and fresh with hints of Oakmoss, Bergamot, and Cedarwood.
- The highest quality ingredients are selected to create an excellent shaving soap, which offers a great shave with any razor
- The shaving soap includes natural ingredients to hydrate and preserve your skin while shaving and combat common skin conditions
- The barbershop scent is very refreshing and clean, this not so overpowering scent is very pleasant to the nostrils
- This shaving soap is enriched with shea and mango butter that leaves skin feeling fresh and moisturized
Shaving soap keeps your skin hydrated by removing the oil from the whiskers with the help of brush and allows for water to penetrate in the skin to keep it moisturized. To get you prepped for what’s bound to be the most genuine, comfortable shaving experience we have listed and reviewed some of the best shaving soaps.