New System to Control Excessive Sweating with Duradry
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
What Causes Excessive Sweating?
Excessive sweating can be caused by numerous factors.
Most people that have excessive sweating issues suffer from what is called hyperhidrosis. There are two types of hyperhidrosis which are primary and secondary hyperhidrosis.
Primary Hyperhidrosis is often hereditary and is very hard to determine the cause. Primary hyperhidrosis is localized sweating such as palms, under arms, scalp, etc. It is also typically just during the waking hours.
Secondary Hyperhidrosis is more generalized excessive sweating that covers a larger area of the body or the whole body. It can have multiple underlying causes and be during sleeping and waking hours.
Possible Causes of Secondary Hyperhidrosis can include the following as an underlying cause.
- Stress Sweat
- Overactive Thyroid
- Hormonal Changes
- Congestive Heart Failure
There are many other reasons that can causes excessive sweating but we will leave that to the doctors to explain while we focus on reviewing Duradry. You can find more info on causes here.
Duradry Underarm Protection System
What makes Duradry Work?
Duradry uses 15% Aluminum Chloride Hexahydrate in order to control excessive sweating. Aluminum Chloride Hexahydrate is recommended by dermatologists to control excessive sweating and hyperhidrosis.
- Duradry is an FDA approved deodorant that is made in a US facility that is ISO and FDA compliant.
- Duradry has a two part system for best results to help with excessive sweat control. Both are not required to be used together, but are recommended to be used as a set if you have hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating.
- Duradry has a scent that is called mediclean (medical clean). The scent is used to make this deodorant / antiperspirant unisex. That means men that sweat a lot and women that sweat a lot can both use the same system. Once I receive mine I will try to give you a better idea of what mediclean actually smells like in my review.
- Duradry is both a deodorant and antiperspirant. What is the difference in a deodorant and antiperspirant? Deodorant is used to keep the smell away buy using fragrances and or antibacterial ingredients. Antiperspirant is used to decrease or eliminate the amount of sweat.
- Duradry offers one of the longest no questions asked money back guarantees I have ever seen. Typically you will see a 30 day money back no questions asked guarantee. This is not the case with Duradry. Duradry offers a full 100 day no questions asked guarantee. If you sweat a lot and are still looking for a solution how can you go wrong with that kind of guarantee backing up a product.
What is in the Duradry AM?
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate: An aluminum salt that is used in cosmetics. It is an oil absorbing starch.
Aluminum Zirconium Trichlorohydrex Gly: This is one of the most effective active ingredients that is found in antiperspirants and deodorants.
Zinc Ricinoleate: This is a zinc salt of ricinleic acid made from zinc oxide and ricinoleic acid. Ricinoleic acid comes from purified fatty acid in the castor seed oil. It’s main responsibility is to keep you smelling fresh by absorbing the odor.
The Duradry AM formula also contains moisturizers to keep your underarms from getting chafed and irritated.
Duradry PM is an alcohol free gel delivery system. Its main active ingredients are listed below.
Aluminum Chloride Hexaydrate: This is the dermatologist recommended active ingredient that is most effective in preventing excessive perspiration.
Salicylic Acid: This is added in the precise amount to the Dunadry formula in order to make it the most tolerable and best performing product in its category.
Sizing up Duradry
Duradry has many claims about their deodorant that we will discuss in this post. Once I receive my package from them I will be able to test it out and see how well is sizes up to its claims.
- Duradry AM is formulated for everyday use.
- Zero Sticky Sensation
- No Residue Marks Left Behind
- No Chalky Powder Falling out from under you arms.
- One stick of Duradry AM will last approximately 8 weeks.
- Duradry PM has 200 applications per container.
- Control excessive sweating and odor.
Check back Soon and I will have my review of Duradry after personally testing the product.
I received my Duradry shipment and put it to the test. Time to let you know how it sizes up to the claims.
First lets start with a little bit about me. I work in a highly stressful job work in facilities that operate above 100 Degrees. What has always really annoyed me is if I don’t wear a loose shirt even in the winter I end up with excessive underarm sweat. Between the stress and high temperatures I have a tendency to sweat a lot. The tight shirts under my armpits are almost like my body is claustrophobic and cause me to pour sweat. Duradry was perfect option to test out and see how well it controls excessive sweating.
The service from Duradry is absolutely amazing! I really loved the fact that they start sending information and detailed instructions on the best way to use the deodorant and help control your excessive sweating.
When the deodorant arrived it was nicely packaged in its own special box to keep everything nice and secure. The package consisted of two Durady AM sticks and one tube of the Duradry PM.
Stay Dry and Feeling Fresh – Guaranteed Results in 3 Days I was really curious what mediclean smelled like so that was my first test. It is a gentle, fresh and clean smell. Perfect for me.
Putting Duradry to the Test
Claim 1: No Residue Marks left Behind
After opening the Duradry AM to check the scent I did a quick swipe test on my forearm. Even though the Duradry stick looks like the powdery deodorants I have used in the past it was very clean applied to my skin. No apparent residue left behind. When I wore a black shirt it did leave some trace of a white powder.
Claim 2: Zero Sticky Sensation
This claim passes 100%. Very fresh and natural feeling after application.
Claim 3: No Chalky Powder Falling Out from Under your Arms
Even though there was some minor residue left on my black shirt there was no clumping and falling out from under my arms. Another claim considered true.
Claim 4: 200 Applications for Duradry PM and 8 weeks for Duradry AM
I have been using Duradry for about 3 weeks now and I would agree with the assessment.
Claim 5: Duradry AM is for Everyday Use
I have been using Duradry AM everyday for three weeks with no problem at all. Another TRUE!
So now I have briefly talked about the little things. What about what you really want to know you ask? Does Duradry really control excessive sweating?
And the answer is………… YES
Duradry kept me amazingly dry!!! This is what matters the most.
Duradry Review Conclusion
So now for the Duradry review wrap-up. As far as the cons are concerned there is some minor residue that was left on my clothes and if you have sensitive skin the Duradry PM can cause irritation and itching. On the pros it works very well to control excessive sweating, smells clean and fresh while leaving you more comfortable. On a 1 to 5 scale I would run this a 4.8. THANK YOU DURADRY!